Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Kalm Michael Kalm is offline

Default Syncing documents created with PC Word 2002 and Mac 2008

At my office, I use Microsoft Word 2002 on my PC and at home, I use Microsoft
Word for Mac 2008. It is important for me to keep documents created on both
platforms synchronized. Is there a way to do that? Do I have to save word
documents in a particular format to do that?
Thanks for your help.
--
Michael Kalm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Michael

Michael Kalm wrote:
At my office, I use Microsoft Word 2002 on my PC and at home, I use Microsoft
Word for Mac 2008. It is important for me to keep documents created on both
platforms synchronized. Is there a way to do that? Do I have to save word
documents in a particular format to do that?

Word has a compare feature you might have a look into. I'm generally
rather dubious about it's workings when dealing with cross-version
files, and in your case that's ceratinly cross version enough to worry
me. :-)

But since you're not really working parallel on both files, why not
simply take the file with you on a removable medium? Don't open the file
directly, say, from a USB memory, but move it to the HD and then open it.

The folks over on microsoft.public.mac.office.word might know best which
format to choose in your situation.

HTH
Robert
--