Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cmorrell cmorrell is offline

Default insert page #s Word 2002 XP

Until recently I could insert page #s from Page Set Up in Word XP. That's no
longer available & help says use insert. How do change settings so the option
is available in pag set up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Answered in .docmanagement (the general group). Please don't multipost.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cmorrell" wrote in message
Until recently I could insert page #s from Page Set Up in Word XP. That's
no
longer available & help says use insert. How do change settings so the
option
is available in pag set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

AFAIK, it's never been possible to insert *page* numbers from Page Setup.
You can add *line* numbers there, however.

http://word.mvps.org

"cmorrell" wrote in message
Until recently I could insert page #s from Page Set Up in Word XP. That's
no
longer available & help says use insert. How do change settings so the
option
is available in pag set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cmorrell cmorrell is offline

Thank you for your help, I just realized it's Excel that's set up that way
not Word. Excel has tabs across the top of the Page Set up that makes it
really easy to add header's & footers, too bad Word isn't designed the same
way.

"cmorrell" wrote in message
Until recently I could insert page #s from Page Set Up in Word XP. That's
no
longer available & help says use insert. How do change settings so the
option
is available in pag set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But you can add the InsertPageNumbers command to the Print Preview toolbar,
as I suggested in the other thread.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP