Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DBDAZE DBDAZE is offline

Default How do I know if my scanned document has text boxes or frames?

I do alot of scanning textbooks and I must produce electronic documents free
of hidden text boxes and frames. Randomly left clicking around each page
brings up hidden boxes and frames but there has to be a more efficient way of
knowing if and where these are in a document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have text boundaries displayed, you'll see the outlines of the text
boxes or frames. Text boxes (when selected) have round white sizing handles;
frames have square black ones.

"DBDAZE" wrote in message
I do alot of scanning textbooks and I must produce electronic documents
free
of hidden text boxes and frames. Randomly left clicking around each page
brings up hidden boxes and frames but there has to be a more efficient way
of
knowing if and where these are in a document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Some OCR software products use frames to attempt to retain the Word
formatting. This gives rise to the sort of hidden frame issue that you
complain of and makes the resulting document very difficult to edit. You
*may* be better considering scanning to plain text, which will not have any
frames, or installing some better OCR software. One first class product that
doesn't use frames in this manner is Finereader 9. If you have a lot of this
type of work to do you might consider trying it.

DBDAZE wrote:
I do alot of scanning textbooks and I must produce electronic
documents free of hidden text boxes and frames. Randomly left
clicking around each page brings up hidden boxes and frames but there
has to be a more efficient way of knowing if and where these are in a
document.

How to get rid of frames, but keep the text in the same place? - scanned document [email protected] Page Layout 4 September 7th 06 04:21 PM
How to get rid of frames, but keep the text in the same place? - scanned document [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 September 7th 06 02:29 PM
Find text boxes & frames Leonard Microsoft Word Help 0 August 25th 05 04:11 PM
Frames vs. Text Boxes HT New Users 6 August 22nd 05 03:02 PM
How do I combine text boxes of scanned document together to allow. Lee Dresser Microsoft Word Help 2 March 22nd 05 07:00 AM