Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default Lists indentations are never retained

Although I save my templates whenever I edit a style, the lists indentations
are never retained whenever I open a file.

Is there a way in which indentations can be saved properly (I normally use
the Save All or Save Template command whenevber I modify a style).

I also lose the required indentations when I re-start a new list from '1'.

These problems are extremely time wasting.

Thanks

--
Paul Gauci
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless you check the box in the format style dialog to add the changes to
the template, style changes are only saved in the current document. You can
copy them to the template from a formatted document using the Organizer.

Paul Gauci wrote:
Although I save my templates whenever I edit a style, the lists
indentations are never retained whenever I open a file.

Is there a way in which indentations can be saved properly (I
normally use the Save All or Save Template command whenevber I modify
a style).

I also lose the required indentations when I re-start a new list from
'1'.

These problems are extremely time wasting.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Thanks Graham.

I do check that particular box before I save the template. This is why I am
a bit concerned.

Paul

--
Paul Gauci

Paul Gauci wrote:
Although I save my templates whenever I edit a style, the lists
indentations are never retained whenever I open a file.

Is there a way in which indentations can be saved properly (I
normally use the Save All or Save Template command whenevber I modify
a style).

I also lose the required indentations when I re-start a new list from
'1'.

These problems are extremely time wasting.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you working in a business networked environment where the normal
template is replaced when you log in/out?

Paul Gauci wrote:
Although I save my templates whenever I edit a style, the lists
indentations are never retained whenever I open a file.

Is there a way in which indentations can be saved properly (I
normally use the Save All or Save Template command whenevber I
modify a style).

I also lose the required indentations when I re-start a new list
from '1'.

These problems are extremely time wasting.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

No - I am working on a stand-alone laptop. I used to have similar problems
with Word XP, but in 2003 I noted that the templates/styles functioned
excellently - their time-saving qualities were great. I think that I stil
have to get used to 2007, at least with respect to the lists styles.
--
Paul Gauci