Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smithwdoug smithwdoug is offline

Default Word 2007 suddenly quite printing envelopes

I've periodically printed envelopes using the bypass tray to feed envelopes
through a Brother HL-5170DN without difficutly; with earlier versions of Word
and with Word 2007. But now suddenlly, it will no longer print; and act as if
the printer is out of paper. Since I can still use the printer's bypass tray
to print on a sheet of paper--from Word or any other application--the fault
doesn't seem to be with the printer but rather with the envelope printing
module of Word 2007. Furthermore, I get the same kind of out-of-paper warning
when I try to print to another printer from another manufacturer.

I tried to do a software "repair" with the original Office 2007 Professional
discs but that has done nothing to rectify the situation.

FWIW, I'm using Windows XP and my Word 2007 is part of the Office
Professional 2007 suite. I don't seem to have any difficulty printing pages
to other printers hooked up to this computer but the Brother is the only one
capable of printing envelopes.