Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiCo1 MiCo1 is offline

Default Sharing Template with a Customized Toolbar

To speed up the creation and formatting of a specific long document I've
created a template in Word 2003 with a customized toolbar that includes
buttons for a number of simple macros eg. applying a specific style;
insertign a table with specific formatting; inserting often-used
"boilerplate" text as AutoText, etc.

Management has now requested that I make this template available to the rest
of the department on our sharedrive. But whenever I try to use this template
on computer other than my own the new buttons do not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As Suzanne implies, the elements you wish to share
(toolbars/macros/autotexts) must be stored in the template, which depending
on its proposed use can be a document template or an add-in template. It
sounds from the description of the problem that you have the toolbar(s) in
the template, but the macros etc in normal.dot. You can move them using the
organizer, but you will probably have to re-add the toolbar commands to
enable the buttons to locate the revised locations of the elements they
call.

MiCo1 wrote:
To speed up the creation and formatting of a specific long document
I've created a template in Word 2003 with a customized toolbar that
includes buttons for a number of simple macros eg. applying a
specific style; insertign a table with specific formatting; inserting
often-used "boilerplate" text as AutoText, etc.

Management has now requested that I make this template available to
the rest of the department on our sharedrive. But whenever I try to
use this template on computer other than my own the new buttons do
not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MiCo1 MiCo1 is offline

Excellent assumptions. Creating the template only for my own use --rather
than with the intention of it being shared by multiple users/computer-- when
initially recording the macros I hadn't paid close enough attention to a few
small but it-turned-out important the details.

Many thanks for putting me on the right path.
Mike