Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Connecting lines

I often need to draw simple diagrams in Word. But sometimes I can't get the
lines to connect. They just fall short of each other. And when trying to
place a + in the middle of a circle I can never get it in the middle. Thanks
in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichUE RichUE is offline

Instead of trying to arrange a series of straight lines so their ends are
touching, draw a diagonal line between start & finish locations and then add
one or more 'elbows' in between. Right-click anywhere on the line and choose
Add Point. Drag the new point as required.
When trying to locate one object directly on top of another, use Ctrl+Arrow
to nudge the object a tiny amount.

HTH
--
Richard

re-connecting tables GAP@DOT Tables 7 October 27th 09 07:22 PM
How to work with connecting lines in organization chart Hango[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 0 September 18th 07 09:14 AM
connecting files Papa Jonah Microsoft Word Help 3 February 28th 07 03:40 PM
connecting within a form Becky Microsoft Word Help 1 October 19th 06 02:26 PM
Autoshape won't work on Connecting Lines in Styled Organization Ch Garry Microsoft Word Help 1 May 16th 05 12:46 PM