Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noel Noel is offline

Default How do I total each column in a table with mail merge information?

I have a mail merge letter in Word 2003 that pulls information from an Access
database (2003). There are 4 columns: Type, Quarters to Purchase, Cost per
Quarter, and Total Cost. I would like to have a grand total for all the
columns except Type. The information is filled in with mail merge
information. So my question is, how do I total each column with the mail
merge information?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Tm9lbA==?=,

I have a mail merge letter in Word 2003 that pulls information from an Access
database (2003). There are 4 columns: Type, Quarters to Purchase, Cost per
Quarter, and Total Cost. I would like to have a grand total for all the
columns except Type. The information is filled in with mail merge
information. So my question is, how do I total each column with the mail
merge information?

Create a Catalog type of mail merge, using a one-row, four-column table
(nothing else in the document). Execute the mail merge to a new document (Step 6
if you're using the Wizard in the task pane) so you can edit the result.

Position the cursor in the last cell of the table and press TAB to create a new
row. Insert the formulas to "Sum above" in the three columns you want to total.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)