Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Coral Coral is offline

Default Help- Editing email attachment.

I started to work on a paper at school, emailed it to myself, finished it and
closed out of it. Now I can't find the edited version. Can someone please
help me? I'm desperate!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you opened the attachment directly and didn't ever Save As to a different
location, you were saving to a temp folder, and the file you saved will have
been deleted when you quit Word.

"Coral" wrote in message
I started to work on a paper at school, emailed it to myself, finished it
and
closed out of it. Now I can't find the edited version. Can someone please
help me? I'm desperate!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You should never open Word attachments directly from e-mail - however it
*may* be possible to recover your changes. See
http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm