William Chen

Default how can I change the defaut page setting from Letter to A3 in off.

as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be automatically
changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003 version, everytime I change
the page size. next time I open it , it still went back to bloody letter
size. it is very ignoring.
any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default page set
up.....

Graham Mayor

You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did mean A3 and not
A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank template
with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3 documents.

A4 is a different issue.

William Chen wrote:
as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it , it
still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
page set up.....

William Chen

thanks Graham,

yeah, I need A3. it usually automatically changed by following the printer
setting in old version, no? (I always do that if I want to chang the default
setting)
I need A3 because I am using MathCad12 software. It requires MathCad12 page
format to match Office word default page setting then I can save MathCad file
to *.rtf file. after that it can be opened in office word. if it is not
matching then it won't keep the original lay out in MathCad sheet. somehow, I
need A3 format.

how can I change deault setting then? because my office excel programme did
follow my printer default page setting.

William Chen wrote:
as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it , it
still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
page set up.....

TF

William

Open the Printer Setup in Start, Printers and faxes, right-click on the
printer icon and choose Properties. Set the default to A3 in the preference
there.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"William Chen" wrote in message
: thanks Graham,
:
: "Graham Mayor" wrote:
:
: You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did mean A3 and
not
: A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank template
: with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3 documents.
:
: A4 is a different issue.
:
: --
:
: Graham Mayor - Word MVP
:
: My web site www.gmayor.com
: Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
:
:
:
:
: William Chen wrote:
: as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it , it
: still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: page set up.....
:
:
:

William Chen

Thanks, Terry. I did as I said before. My printer default setting is A3 and
office excel programme did follow this setting but not office word....it is
very weird.....no idea......

:
: William Chen wrote:
: as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it , it
: still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: page set up.....
:
:
:

TF

William

My copies of Word follow the printer default fine. Are you sure that you
don't have some third party macro such as a fax macro that is changing the
default in Word? Do other Word changes to default settings (such as the
default font) stay set correctly?

Terry

"William Chen" wrote in message
: Thanks, Terry. I did as I said before. My printer default setting is A3
and
: office excel programme did follow this setting but not office word....it
is
: very weird.....no idea......
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: William
:
: Open the Printer Setup in Start, Printers and faxes, right-click on the
: printer icon and choose Properties. Set the default to A3 in the
preference
: there.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "William Chen" wrote in message
: ...
: : thanks Graham,
: :
[...]
: : "Graham Mayor" wrote:
: :
: : You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did mean A3
and
: not
: : A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank
template
: : with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3 documents.
: :
: : A4 is a different issue.
: :
: : --
: :
: : Graham Mayor - Word MVP
: :
: : William Chen wrote:
: : as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: : automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: : version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it ,
it
: : still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: : any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: : page set up.....
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:

William Chen

Terry,
yeah, recently I installed microsoft window fax driver....maybe u r right.
could be fax micro changed it but what can I do? only office word is not
following printer default. default font is correct times new roman. I don't
know, maybe need to reinstall office word...gonna take ages.....Will

"TF" wrote:

William

My copies of Word follow the printer default fine. Are you sure that you
don't have some third party macro such as a fax macro that is changing the
default in Word? Do other Word changes to default settings (such as the
default font) stay set correctly?

Terry

"William Chen" wrote in message
: Thanks, Terry. I did as I said before. My printer default setting is A3
and
: office excel programme did follow this setting but not office word....it
is
: very weird.....no idea......
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: William
:
[...]
: :
: : William Chen wrote:
: : as I used to use office2000 and page set up default can be
: : automatically changed once u changed the page size. but in 2003
: : version, everytime I change the page size. next time I open it ,
it
: : still went back to bloody letter size. it is very ignoring.
: : any help, I found the help menu is useless. I search it as default
: : page set up.....
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:

TF

Check in the Startup folder and if the Windows Fax Driver is present,
temporarily inhibit it operation by renaming it from xxxxxxx.dot to
xxxxxx.bad. Then restart Word and change the default printer setting/paper
size again. Close Word and then restart it and check that the default is now
remembered.

Terry

"William Chen" wrote in message
: Terry,
: yeah, recently I installed microsoft window fax driver....maybe u r right.
: could be fax micro changed it but what can I do? only office word is not
: following printer default. default font is correct times new roman. I
don't
: know, maybe need to reinstall office word...gonna take ages.....Will
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: William
:
: My copies of Word follow the printer default fine. Are you sure that you
: don't have some third party macro such as a fax macro that is changing
the
: default in Word? Do other Word changes to default settings (such as the
: default font) stay set correctly?
:
: Terry
:
: "William Chen" wrote in message
: ...
: : Thanks, Terry. I did as I said before. My printer default setting is
A3
: and
: : office excel programme did follow this setting but not office
word....it
: is
: : very weird.....no idea......
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : William
: :
: : Open the Printer Setup in Start, Printers and faxes, right-click on
the
: : printer icon and choose Properties. Set the default to A3 in the
: preference
: : there.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "William Chen" wrote in
message
: : ...
: : : thanks Graham,
: : :
[...]
: : : "Graham Mayor" wrote:
: : :
: : : You don't really want to set the page default at A3 (you did
mean A3
: and
: : not
: : : A4?) as it will have unwanted effects elsewhere. Create a blank
: template
: : : with the page layout set to A3 and use that for your A3
documents.
: : :
: : : A4 is a different issue.
: : :