PeterM

Default How to import txt file into word for label printing

My daughter just sent me a txt file, she called it a notepad file, and said
if I could help her with getting this information onto labels for her. (she
likes it to be 3 lines on the label) The text file is one line, with name,
address, city and zip. She likes this information taken from the txt file
and then imported into a sheet of labels 3 rows across. Is there a beautiful
sole out there that could help us with this. I mean instructions as to how I
can get this done...........Many thanks............Peter

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and use the
txt file your daughter has sent you as the data source.

If I was doing it I would probably open the txt file in Word and use the
method suggested at http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm
to create a table to use as a data source - jump into that article at the
point where your txt file resembles the file on screen and work on to the
conclusion.

This really is much simpler than it sounds to achieve.