hardydnaman

Default How do I save one page out of an existing word document?

I have a multi-page doucument that I want to capture one page out of the
middle of, without just deleting all the pages before and after it and
renaming the new file.
blahblahbla

have you tried printing that one page to a file?

"hardydnaman" wrote in message
I have a multi-page doucument that I want to capture one page out of the
middle of, without just deleting all the pages before and after it and
renaming the new file.

Charles Kenyon

Not sure what is so difficult about the process you are rejecting.

File SaveAs ...
new name

Move to the beginning of the page you want to keep.
F8 (extend)
Ctrl-Home

Move to the bottom of the page
F8
Ctrl-End

File Save

.... or ...

Select the page you want.
Right-click in the selection and choose Copy
Click on the new file icon
Right-click and Paste
Save your new file.

.... or ...

Select the page you want.
Right-click in the selection and choose Copy
Go to your desktop or any file and right-click then Paste
and you'll get a document scrap which you can rename with the extension
".doc"

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"hardydnaman" wrote in message
I have a multi-page doucument that I want to capture one page out of the
middle of, without just deleting all the pages before and after it and
renaming the new file.

hardydnaman

Just tried it and I get a whole lot of garbage that probably means something
to a printer, but it isn't something I can read. I'll try that one again
later and play with options to see if it clears it up.

"blahblahbla" wrote:

have you tried printing that one page to a file?

"hardydnaman" wrote in message
I have a multi-page doucument that I want to capture one page out of the
middle of, without just deleting all the pages before and after it and
renaming the new file.

Greg Maxey

Here is a macro that copies a selection to a new file:

Sub CopySelectedToNewDoc()
Selection.Copy
Documents.Add Template:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Maxey\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot", NewTemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0
Selection.Paste
End Sub

You will have to modidy the path for the template to your arrangement.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

"hardydnaman" wrote in
message ...
I have a multi-page doucument that I want to capture one page out
of the middle of, without just deleting all the pages before and
after it and renaming the new file.

Graham Mayor

The problem is that the concept of a page does not really exist in Word. It
is a transient thing governed by a variety of conditions and comprises
separate elements including headers, footers, footnotes, drawings etc. If
the 'page' contains only text then the following macro will do the job, but
if it comprises multiple elements, the results will be unpredictable.

Sub CopyCurrentPageToNewDoc()
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Select
Selection.Copy
Documents.Add Template:="Normal"
Selection.Paste
End Sub