Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gerry

Default Red dotted lines under words

I have red dotted lines under certain words in one document. I have spelling
and grammar checking turned off.

How can I get rid of these red dotted lines?

With thanks,

Gerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Crystal

Hi,
Try the following instructions....
*Open WORD
*Tools
*Spelling and Grammar
*Select the option "Hide spelling errors in this document.

Good Luck!!

"Gerry" wrote:

I have red dotted lines under certain words in one document. I have spelling
and grammar checking turned off.

How can I get rid of these red dotted lines?

With thanks,

Gerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

I think what you're seeing is the result of Smart Tags, which are
supposed to recognize contact names, addresses, phone numbers and so
on. If you hover the mouse pointer over the word, do you see a small
square containing the letter i in a circle? If so, that's a Smart Tag.
Moving the mouse to that box will give you an action menu

To prevent them from appearing, go to Tools AutoCorrect Options
Smart Tags and uncheck "Label text with smart tags".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman