Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gorssman gorssman is offline

Default how do i display page number in toolbar

I used to have the page number I was on appear on a toolbar at the bottom of
the page. I can't find that now in Word 2003. How do I get it back. I am
trying to print current page and it prints page before one selected, so I
will try printing by page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The page number is shown if the Status bar is visible. To show the Status
bar, turn on €śStatus bar€ť in Tools Options View tab.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"gorssman" wrote:

I used to have the page number I was on appear on a toolbar at the bottom of
the page. I can't find that now in Word 2003. How do I get it back. I am
trying to print current page and it prints page before one selected, so I
will try printing by page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gorssman gorssman is offline

The status bar is visible but the page number information is still not
appearing on the toolbar anywhere.

"gorssman" wrote:

I used to have the page number I was on appear on a toolbar at the bottom of
the page. I can't find that now in Word 2003. How do I get it back. I am
trying to print current page and it prints page before one selected, so I
will try printing by page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Then the only thing I can think of right now is this:
Could it be that you have selected Web Layout view?
When the Status bar is visible, you should see the page number in all views
except Web Layout view (here Web Layout view shows the word €śPage€ť dimmed and
without any number - I have Word 2003).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"gorssman" wrote:

I used to have the page number I was on appear on a toolbar at the bottom of
the page. I can't find that now in Word 2003. How do I get it back. I am
trying to print current page and it prints page before one selected, so I
will try printing by page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Is background repagination enabled?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"gorssman" wrote:

I used to have the page number I was on appear on a toolbar at the bottom of
the page. I can't find that now in Word 2003. How do I get it back. I am
trying to print current page and it prints page before one selected, so I
will try printing by page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Hi gorssman,

After reading your post I checked my own copy of Word (2003) and found I had
developed a similar problem :-( In my case, in print view, the page and
section number area of the status bar was greyed out and showing no numbers -
even when I moved through multiple pages and sections. This happened each
time I restarted Word.

I don't know the cause and I don't have a full solution but I found that if
I altered Word's view, either by switching to web layout or reading layout
and then back to print layout, or by minimising or "midi-mising" Word, the
problem went away (until I restarted Word).

If I started Word with the "/a" option I didn't get the problem.

I tried a few things that didn't fix it - ensuring no addins or global
templates were loading at startup, toggling "Background repagination" in
Tools/Options/General, toggling "Wrap to window" and "Draft font" in
Tools/Options/View, renaming normal.dot, renaming Word's data key in the
registry. None of these seemed to have an effect on the problem.

I then ran "winword /r" in the Run dialog to get Word to re-register itself
and this seemed partially to fix it. Now, when Word starts up the same part
of the status bar is inactive but the page number area behaves correctly once
I have created a second page and the section number part behaves once I have
created a second section. For now, I can live with that.

Hope this is of some use.

Regards.

Ed