Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marvin Fabulous Marvin Fabulous is offline

Default Unable to remove dimmed formatting paragraph breaks at page end

I've compiled a Word doc form several different authors and along the way
inherited a horizontal bar and several paragraph breaks at the end of certain
pages. They are greyed out when formatting in text is revealed, but become
'live' when viewing header/footer. Deleting header/footer though doesn't
remove them. Because the document is 100+ pages, I really don't want to have
to run it through notepad and reformat the whole thing. Help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The "horizontal bar" is probably a paragraph border; deleting the
header/footer text won't help because there is still an empty paragraph in
the header/footer. Instead, go to Format | Borders and Shading and choose
None (or click the No Border button on the Borders palette on the Formatting
toolbar). You should be able to remove the empty paragraphs as well, unless
perhaps they're in a table of some sort; do you have table gridlines
displayed?

"Marvin Fabulous" Marvin wrote in
message ...