Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jughead 36

Default Printing in exact corner

Hello all.
I am designing a template for user guide. I want the chapter number to
be printed in a greysquare in the extreme corner of the first page, but
the printer settings always leaves a small white margin in the sides.
have tried it with a 2 column table, with chp # and title and also with
text boxes but always white space is left on the sides.
thanks for any idea to solve this.
regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Jughead

Jughead 36 wrote:
I am designing a template for user guide. I want the chapter number to
be printed in a greysquare in the extreme corner of the first page, but
the printer settings always leaves a small white margin in the sides.
have tried it with a 2 column table, with chp # and title and also with
text boxes but always white space is left on the sides.

Word "asks" the printer and uses the non-printing area provided. Many
printers simply cannot print right to the edge of the paper; you might
be able to trick Word in pretending you're using a different size paper,
but depending on the printer, this might do actual damage.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jonathan West

Many office printers have an unprintable area round the edge of the page. It
is different sizes on different printers. Nothing you can do in Word will
force a printer to print into that unprintable area.

You therefore have three options

1. Change your design
2. Buy a printer that can print to edge
3. Send your user guides out to a printing firm that has a suitable printer.

Of the three, I suspect that option #1 is the simplest.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

oups.com...