Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Geoff C

Default Problem with {SECTIONPAGES}

Hi, have a document with 4 sections. The second section has a footer
containing Page {page} of {sectionpages}. There are 24 pages in the section,
but each page says page n of 23, including the last, which shows page 24 of
23. The final two sections have similar footers, which appear to work
perfectly. The only difference is that sections 3 and 4 are landscape. In
each case, page numbering has been re-started.

There is a Section Break (odd page) between each section, don't know if this
is linked to the problem, but I can't change it into any other kind anyway,
since it always reverts to odd.

I thought I understood these, but evidently not..
Any help gratefully received!

Geoff.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2VvZmYgQw==?=,

have a document with 4 sections. The second section has a footer
containing Page {page} of {sectionpages}. There are 24 pages in the section,
but each page says page n of 23, including the last, which shows page 24 of
23. The final two sections have similar footers, which appear to work
perfectly. The only difference is that sections 3 and 4 are landscape. In
each case, page numbering has been re-started.

There is a Section Break (odd page) between each section, don't know if this
is linked to the problem, but I can't change it into any other kind anyway,
since it always reverts to odd.

I thought I understood these, but evidently not..

What about if you set up a new document, create the section breaks, then copy
just the text (no section breaks) across?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)