Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Joyce Graff

Default Collating printed output

I cannot get my documents to collate. I am using Office 2003 and a laser
printer.

There are two places to request collation: (1) in Word, and (2) in the
printer driveer ("Properties" to the right of the printer name).

I have tried using only the Word checkbox, only the printer driver checkbox,
and both. In all three cases I get two copies of page one followed by two
copies of page two, etc.

I also tried re-booting my machine and trying again the next day. Same
output.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Joyce
--
Joyce Graff
Executive Director
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Normally, the Collated Checkbox in the Word File Print dialog is checked and
nothing more need to be done to get collated output for multiple copies of
the document. One thing that would cause that not to happend would be if in
the Pages control of the File Print dialog, you entered
1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,...n,n which will cause two copies of each page to be
printed.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.