Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katrina Katrina is offline

Default How do I see a rich text document? No codes work!

I saved part of a paper apparently as a rich text format and now I can't
decode it. It has these funny shapes and options to decode, but nothing is
working. I need this for an exteremely important research paper, can anyone
help??

Thanks,
Katrina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You saved "part of a paper"? I don't know what you did or how you did it but
it sounds like that file is corrupt.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"katrina" wrote in message
I saved part of a paper apparently as a rich text format and now I can't
decode it. It has these funny shapes and options to decode, but nothing is
working. I need this for an exteremely important research paper, can
anyone
help??

Thanks,
Katrina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You'll need to be much more clear & specific about what you did, what you
did it to & what version of Word you did it with.

What type of document (file format) was it to start with? How do you save
"part of" a paper". What file format did you save it in - RTF doesn't
normally display "funny shapes" or require any decoding. How are you trying
to open the file - what's set as the file type in the Open dialog?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/18/09 3:53 PM, in article