Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elandnj elandnj is offline

Default How do I insert a title page in a numbered word document?

I am working on a manuscript. The manuscript has 300 pages and they are
numbered. (I used the insert page number command.) When I try to add a
title page to the manuscript, I can't get the first page of actual text to
retain the page number "1." Since it thinks it's the second page of the
document, it gets renumbered to "2."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this instance only, provided you are omitting numbering on the first
page, you can tell Word to start numbering at 0. It would probably benefit
you in the long run, however, to learn more about how to do this sort of
pagination; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm, and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

"elandnj" wrote in message
I am working on a manuscript. The manuscript has 300 pages and they are
numbered. (I used the insert page number command.) When I try to add a
title page to the manuscript, I can't get the first page of actual text to
retain the page number "1." Since it thinks it's the second page of the
document, it gets renumbered to "2."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

I had a similar problem. I want to know how do I make the word document not
show the page number on the first page. In essence I want it to start
numbering pages on the 2nd page. I tried the 0 trick you told the previous
person about, but now I just have a 0 as the page number for the 1st page. I
don't want any number on that first page.

"elandnj" wrote in message
I am working on a manuscript. The manuscript has 300 pages and they are
numbered. (I used the insert page number command.) When I try to add a
title page to the manuscript, I can't get the first page of actual text to
retain the page number "1." Since it thinks it's the second page of the
document, it gets renumbered to "2."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The key here is "provided you are omitting numbering on the first page." Did
you read any of the referenced articles? It's simply a matter of choosing
"Different first page" and then omitting the number from the First Page
Header/Footer.

http://word.mvps.org

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In this instance only, provided you are omitting numbering on the first
page, you can tell Word to start numbering at 0. It would probably
benefit
you in the long run, however, to learn more about how to do this sort of
pagination; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm, and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.