Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Always view files as detail

When I open folders, is there a way to have the default view be "detail" not
"tiles"?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix Gordon Bentley-Mix is offline

Suzanne,

Not really a Word question but...

In Windows XP and many older versions (not sure about Vista as I don't have
access to my Vista machine at the moment):

Open Windows Exploder to show any folder. Configure the view the way you
want it - "Details" in this case. Click Tools | Folder Options... and select
the "View" tab, then click the "Apply to All Folders" button.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Uninvited email contact will be marked as SPAM and ignored. Please post all
follow-ups to the newsgroup.

"Suzanne" wrote:

When I open folders, is there a way to have the default view be "detail" not
"tiles"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Akhilesh Pandey Akhilesh Pandey is offline

How can I have the contents of folders displayed in the 'Detail' mode when I
want to access them through commands such as 'Open'

I have already set all my folders to 'Detail' view as you described below
but when I open, say an existing document, and 'Look in' a given folder, I do
not see the detailed view for documents within folders.

Thanks.