Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
miloshapiro miloshapiro is offline

Default Milo: telling Word to show "Two Pages" view w/ nothing opposite pg

I'm an Office03 user finishing up a novel.
Its frustrating that the view of €śTwo Pages€ť shows pages 1 & 2, then 3 & 4,
etc. when a book is actually just page 1, then 2 & 3, then 4 & 5. So, for
example, in two-pages view, all my chapters are starting on the left page.

Is there a way to tell Word to show it with nothing opposite page 1 and
start doing doubles after that?
I cant be the first person to wish for this but I've tried the help files
and online and cant seem to figure out how to word it to find this info.

The resulting PDF does exactly what I want, but that should be the final
step...not where I discover the layout errors I made due to my confusion. ;-)

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In File | Page Setup, select either "Different odd and even" or "Mirror
margins."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"miloshapiro" wrote in message
I'm an Office03 user finishing up a novel.
It's frustrating that the view of "Two Pages" shows pages 1 & 2, then 3 &
4,
etc. when a book is actually just page 1, then 2 & 3, then 4 & 5. So, for
example, in two-pages view, all my chapters are starting on the left page.

Is there a way to tell Word to show it with nothing opposite page 1 and
start doing doubles after that?
I can't be the first person to wish for this but I've tried the help files
and online and can't seem to figure out how to word it to find this info.

The resulting PDF does exactly what I want, but that should be the final
step...not where I discover the layout errors I made due to my confusion.
;-)

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But note that this will still show facing pages only in Print Preview, not
in Page Layout view.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're right. I guess that, for some reason, I assumed that the OP was
referring to Print Preview.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
miloshapiro miloshapiro is offline

Oh, for goodness sake. It never even occurred to me to try it in Print
Preview mode to accomplish this. That did it.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

And note also that, if you turn the Magnifier off, you *can* edit in Print
Preview, though that may be more than you need.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
miloshapiro miloshapiro is offline

I'm not sure what you mean by "turn the magnifier off" but i'd love to edit
in that mode rather than going back and forth as i find mistakes. Can you
clarify?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

By default, in Print Preview, clicking in the document changes the zoom. If
you turn off this by clicking the Magnifier button on the Print Preview
toolbar, you can edit the text.