Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Art Nittskoff Art Nittskoff is offline

Default Can I paste a picture in a text box/ have it move with the text bo

I am trying to do a newsletter.

I am not sure if I am asking this corectly, but here is what I want to do.

I have lots of ads I need to put in every month as well as articles that
will always have the same header.

My idea is to have text boxes with gradient shading. Inside the text box I
want to have the name of the column, then 1 or pictures or small cliparts
(jpg files).

I can move the text boxes around, but the jpg's stay where they were. Is
there a way to have them move with the box? (In other words, maybe embed the
graphic in the box)

I think my question for the ads is the same. I have all my ads as jpg
images. I wanted to put them all in text boxes that are just slightly larger
than the ad. This way they have a nice border. I want to be able to cut and
paste these ads and move them around for each issue.
--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

One way is to insert the jpgs as "In line with text" into the text boxes,
while the text boxes themselves are set to some other wrapping style that's
dragable (such as Square, Tight, etc.). You lose some placement flexibility,
in that the jpgs cannot then be dragged into position within the text boxes.

An alternative that gives a little more flexibility would be to use floating
tables instead of of text boxes. You still wouldn't be able to drag the jpgs
into place, but you could place them into cells (and turn off the inside
borders so that nobody knows they're tables), which would then provide some
flexibility in controlling their placement.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Art Nittskoff" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Art Nittskoff Art Nittskoff is offline

Default Can I paste a picture in a text box/ have it move with the tex

I appreciate the quick response.

I have another idea I would like your opinion on.

What if I use the program "paint". Put the text box with the gradient I want
in paint, then paste the graphic I want in it and save the whole thing as a
new jpg file?

--
Thanks Very Much!

Art Nittskoff