Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Thing One Thing One is offline

Default Word 2007 - keyboard shortcut

In previous versions of Word I think I remember there being a keyboard
shortcut that would allow you, upon reopening a Word document, to
immediately return to the point of last revision. Does this still
exist in Word 2007? Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline

Shift+F5 will return you to the last point of edit if that is the last thing
that you was the last place the cursor was before saving and exiting the
document.

"Thing One" wrote in message
In previous versions of Word I think I remember there being a keyboard
shortcut that would allow you, upon reopening a Word document, to
immediately return to the point of last revision. Does this still
exist in Word 2007? Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No, but it is easy to work around with a couple of macros in the normal
template

Sub FileSaveAs()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

Sub FileSave()
On Error Resume Next
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Range:=Selection.Range, name:="OpenAt"
ActiveDocument.Save
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("OpenAt") = True Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("OpenAt").Select
End If
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

The lines - ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
are optional and put the document name in the Word title bar.

"Thing One" wrote in message
In previous versions of Word I think I remember there being a keyboard
shortcut that would allow you, upon reopening a Word document, to
immediately return to the point of last revision. Does this still
exist in Word 2007? Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline

That could be the reason as I have far more of them than pure or converted
Word 2007 docs.

Thanks

Ron