#1   Report Post  

Default Edit Recipient List doesn't exclude any records

We have recently upgraded Office to 2007. I have a Word 2007 mailmerge document which works fine, linked to an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. My problems occur when I try to edit the Recipient List.

First, in the "Mail Merge Recipients" box, a date column in the spreadsheet formatted in dd/mm/yyyy (UK format) shows as being formatted mm/dd/yyyy (US format). I can cope with that, frustrating though it is - when querying that column, I must use the mm/dd/yyyy format in Word (however all my country defaults are set to dd/mm/yyyy).

Second - when the query is run, eg to include only dates earlier than 1 July 2011 (in the format 07/01/2011!!) the Mail Merge Recipients box shows the correct records. When I click OK and then go to complete the merge (Finish & Merge, then Edit Individual Documents), Word adds ALL the records in the spreadsheet, not just the ones I have queried for, and which were displayed in the Mail Merge Recipients box.

In Word 2003 only the recipients matching the query would transfer to the new documents, but with 2007, every recipient in the database gets included, no matter what I've tried so far.

Am I missing some step here?
Peter (littlepetel)