Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bill Weber[_2_] Bill Weber[_2_] is offline

Default Word does not recognize certain fonts that I installed.

I downloaded several Helvetica fonts (e.g., bold, light, Italic, etc.) and
stored them under C: Windows, Fonts. The drop-down list in Word only shows
the "standard" Helvetica font and not the others. These fonts were
transferred from my Apple computer and show up in the directory as True Type
fonts, like all my others. Any ideas? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word uses the variants when you apply bold or italic formatting; bold,
italic, and bold italic variants are never shown in the font list.

http://word.mvps.org