AnaSmiff AnaSmiff is offline
Junior Member

Default Custom Form in Word 2010 - Help!

Afternoon all!

I'm trying to create a Form on Word for Product Descriptions, like a content management sort of thing.

I've worked out how to add the basic labels, text feilds etc however I want to add some extra bits that I'm a bit stuck on.

For example...

1) I have a section Labelled up as 'Important Features of...'

After which is filled in with the Product Titles so it would be, Important Features of Red Teapot by Debenhams for example.

However, the first frield is for the Product Title so rather than bother with copy and paste I'm wondering if there's a way to set it up so that it automatically fills this space with the Product Title?

2) The second issue I have is that I need two of these forms on each and every page.

Once the first page is filled in, I need the forms to duplicate on to the next page ready to fill in?

3) I need a drop down box which is easy enough to add but I need the form to change colour when certain selections are chosen?

4) I need one of the fields to be unavoidable so it must be filled in before they can move on to the next one.

Any info would be great! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

"AnaSmiff" schrieb

I've worked out how to add the basic
labels, text feilds etc however I want to add
some extra bits that I'm a bit stuck on.

did you use content controls?

However, the first field is for the Product Title
so rather than bother with copy and paste
I'm wondering if there's a way to set it up so that
it automatically fills this space with the Product Title?

From where should the field get the Product Title?

The second issue I have is that I need two
of these forms on each and every page.

What forms? Isn't your document a form? Do you mean fields?
Maybe, you could use header/footer?

Once the first page is filled in,
I need the forms to duplicate on to
the next page ready to fill in?

I don't understand. Maybe, REF fields can help you.

I need a drop down box which is easy
enough to add but I need the form
to change colour when certain selections
are chosen?

I think it is not possible without VBA. In Excel it would be easier.

--
Cheers,
Lisa