Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steamboat Steamboat is offline

Default unable to change address box default font

Can anyone tell me how to make Word 2007 accept my preferred font (in this
case, Lucinda Sans) for the Mailings address and return address boxes? I set
the font, size, etc., that I want, tell it I want this as the default and
click OK -- and then it goes right back to the basic serif font, which I dont
want. I did succeed in fixing this once and it held for a while, but now it
won't hold, even whien it shows Lucinda Sans on the screen as the default.
I've installed my old Word 2002 and use it for addresses, but obviously I'd
like to do it all in the same program.

Adele CS )
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You need to modify the Envelope Address and Envelope Return styles to use
Lucida Sans. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html
(note that access to styles is a little different in Word 2007; you may need
to open the Manage Styles dialog to find these styles).

"Steamboat" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to make Word 2007 accept my preferred font (in this
case, Lucinda Sans) for the Mailings address and return address boxes? I
set
the font, size, etc., that I want, tell it I want this as the default and
click OK -- and then it goes right back to the basic serif font, which I
dont
want. I did succeed in fixing this once and it held for a while, but now
it
won't hold, even whien it shows Lucinda Sans on the screen as the default.
I've installed my old Word 2002 and use it for addresses, but obviously
I'd
like to do it all in the same program.

Adele CS )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steamboat Steamboat is offline

Thanks! It didn't work exactly that way, but by clicking the Font box under
the Styles heading, I was able to get it to hold the Lucinda. Now I know
what to do if it changes itself back again.
--
Steamboat

"Steamboat" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how to make Word 2007 accept my preferred font (in this
case, Lucinda Sans) for the Mailings address and return address boxes? I
set
the font, size, etc., that I want, tell it I want this as the default and
click OK -- and then it goes right back to the basic serif font, which I
dont
want. I did succeed in fixing this once and it held for a while, but now
it
won't hold, even whien it shows Lucinda Sans on the screen as the default.
I've installed my old Word 2002 and use it for addresses, but obviously
I'd
like to do it all in the same program.

Adele CS )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
omnitechsupport omnitechsupport is offline

If it is simply to set the defalt Font style, you just need to click on
Font arrow. There you need to select the Font (for eg: Lucida Sans). After
that, Click on Default. Then it will ask for the confirmation and click on OK.

James Mathew

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grandpa John[_2_] Grandpa John[_2_] is offline

Hey Steamboat, did you ever get and answer? I'm having the same problem in
W2007. Please share. Thanks GPJ

"Steamboat" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make Word 2007 accept my preferred font (in this
case, Lucinda Sans) for the Mailings address and return address boxes? I set
the font, size, etc., that I want, tell it I want this as the default and
click OK -- and then it goes right back to the basic serif font, which I dont
want. I did succeed in fixing this once and it held for a while, but now it
won't hold, even whien it shows Lucinda Sans on the screen as the default.
I've installed my old Word 2002 and use it for addresses, but obviously I'd
like to do it all in the same program.

Adele CS )

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The fonts are associated with the envelope address and envelope return
paragraph styles. See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm