Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Templar Templar is offline

Default Mail Merge Oddity

I'm running card stock through the printer mail-merging names and address in
the address block.
I'm getting a black smudge mark at the entry edge....running from the edge
to about a quarter of an inch onto the card making an unsightly smear mark on
the far right edge of the face of the postcard.
I'm merging from an Excel Document (although I have also tried it from a
word document).
If I print onto the card stock from another WORD document, the smudge mark
DOES NOT appear.
THEREFORE, it appears that IT IS NOT a printer problem. The problem is that
the software merge program is telling the printer something that is creating
the smudge mark. I'm using the Office 2007 products......Word etc.
I have recreated the merge document a number of times. Still the same
problem.

Very frustrating. Help would be appreciated.
--
Templar
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you just print the mail merge main document, i.e. don't merge it, do you
see the same problem?

If not, that suggests that the merge could be altering the layout in some
way.

Are you merging directly to the printer? If so, you could try merging to a
new document first, then try to see if there is anything different about the
layout of that document compared to the one you started with. ISTR that Word
2007 can do something strange with the margins in label type documents, but
forget the details off the top of my head.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk