Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary (Boise) Gary (Boise) is offline

Default Word 2007 Trust Center

Good Morning,
Anyone know how to get WORD from crashing. I ran the diagnostics, suggested
to turn on trust center. I did in Excel, Acess, but WORD will not allow me to
even select this. Entire menu is dead. If anyone has any ideas, I would
appreciate the help.
Thanks
Gvan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 11 jan, 16:57, Gary (Boise) Gary (Boise)
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
Good Morning,
Anyone know how to get WORD from crashing. I ran the diagnostics, suggested
to turn on trust center. I did in Excel, Acess, but WORD will not allow me to
even select this. *Entire menu is dead. If anyone has any ideas, I would
appreciate the help.
Thanks
Gvan

Without exactly knowing what makes your Word version crash, it is hard
to come up with an answer. When does Word crash? When you open it,
when you try to save a document, when you type, ...? Does it happen
when you run Word in safe mode?

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...artingword.htm might be
a good starting point.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary (Boise) Gary (Boise) is offline

Yves,
Thanks. Sorry, I was more concerned with getting the abililty to edit the
trust center as it doesn't allow me to do anything, not even highlight it to
click on it. I will look at the link.
With Word crashing, it is when I try to close it. It just indicates that it
has stopped working properly. Doesn't give error like in previous versions.
Also, it will not open an attached document from inside of email.

Thanks
Gvan

"p0" wrote:

On 11 jan, 16:57, Gary (Boise) Gary (Boise)
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
Good Morning,
Anyone know how to get WORD from crashing. I ran the diagnostics, suggested
to turn on trust center. I did in Excel, Acess, but WORD will not allow me to
even select this. Entire menu is dead. If anyone has any ideas, I would
appreciate the help.
Thanks
Gvan

Without exactly knowing what makes your Word version crash, it is hard
to come up with an answer. When does Word crash? When you open it,
when you try to save a document, when you type, ...? Does it happen
when you run Word in safe mode?

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...artingword.htm might be
a good starting point.

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary (Boise)[_2_] Gary (Boise)[_2_] is offline

"p0" wrote:

On 11 jan, 16:57, Gary (Boise) Gary (Boise)
@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
Good Morning,
Anyone know how to get WORD from crashing. I ran the diagnostics, suggested
to turn on trust center. I did in Excel, Acess, but WORD will not allow me to
even select this. Entire menu is dead. If anyone has any ideas, I would
appreciate the help.
Thanks
Gvan

Without exactly knowing what makes your Word version crash, it is hard
to come up with an answer. When does Word crash? When you open it,
when you try to save a document, when you type, ...? Does it happen
when you run Word in safe mode?

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...artingword.htm might be
a good starting point.

Yves

Yves, Thanks for the reply.
The issue with Word is that it crashes when I close. it. It also does not
open word attachements from inside of email messages. The issue for this post
was a question on how to reenable the trust center as it doesn't allow you to
do anything, not even highlight the trust center options in word. Acces and
Excel are fine. I will look at the document you recommend. Thanks
Gvan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...gword.htmmight be
a good starting point.

Yves

Yves, Thanks for the reply.
The issue with Word is that it crashes when I close. it. It also does not
open word attachements from inside of email messages. The issue for this post
was a question on how to reenable the trust center as it doesn't allow you to
do anything, not even highlight the trust center options in word. Acces and
Excel are fine. I will look at the document you recommend. Thanks
Gvan

The crashing on exit is probably related to some add-in. Try disabling
them and see if that helps. If not, try the second suggestion posted
at http://blogs.msdn.com/joestagner/arc...e-support.aspx
..

I have no idea about the 'Trust Center' issues.

Yves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary (Boise)[_2_] Gary (Boise)[_2_] is offline

Yves,
This worked Great. Thanks for the help. Gvan

"p0" wrote:

On 11 jan, 21:28, Gary (Boise)
wrote:
"p0" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C2SDK C2SDK is offline

Gary,

Did you solve the Trust Center issue? I am trying to access the Trust Center
in my Word 2007 Options and it will not let me. Any suggestions?