Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
EZK EZK is offline

Default Word2007 - terribly slow printing

Hi,

I have opened two big .docx files (Word2007),
each containing about 8 000 pages.
I have to find a special page in both files and print
them on the HP LJ P2015 printer.
Usually I have to find and print hundreds of pages.

The finding is fast enough but the problem is that the
printing is terrible slow.
I use "Current page" button but after clicking on OK
the process of preparing on the printer is very, very
slow.

What should I do to hasten the process of printing?

In the past I do the same using Word97 with the same
printer and despite that the files were even bigger
(about 13 000 pages) it did not take so much time.

Regards,
EZK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis[_2_] Charles W Davis[_2_] is offline

You might simply select the text that you want to print, the when the print
dialog box is open place a check in the Print Selection box. See if that
works.
"EZK" wrote in message
Hi,

I have opened two big .docx files (Word2007),
each containing about 8 000 pages.
I have to find a special page in both files and print
them on the HP LJ P2015 printer.
Usually I have to find and print hundreds of pages.

The finding is fast enough but the problem is that the
printing is terrible slow.
I use "Current page" button but after clicking on OK
the process of preparing on the printer is very, very
slow.

What should I do to hasten the process of printing?

In the past I do the same using Word97 with the same
printer and despite that the files were even bigger
(about 13 000 pages) it did not take so much time.

Regards,
EZK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Have you checked for an update to the printer driver?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"EZK" wrote in message
Hi,

I have opened two big .docx files (Word2007),
each containing about 8 000 pages.
I have to find a special page in both files and print
them on the HP LJ P2015 printer.
Usually I have to find and print hundreds of pages.

The finding is fast enough but the problem is that the
printing is terrible slow.
I use "Current page" button but after clicking on OK
the process of preparing on the printer is very, very
slow.

What should I do to hasten the process of printing?

In the past I do the same using Word97 with the same
printer and despite that the files were even bigger
(about 13 000 pages) it did not take so much time.

Regards,
EZK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anglofilka Anglofilka is offline

Thanks for your reply

You might simply select the text that you want to print, the when the print
dialog box is open place a check in the Print Selection box. See if that
works.

I am afraid that it can cause mistakes when I select not a proper text.
But of course I'll try it.

Have you checked for an update to the printer driver?

No I haven't. That can help if a new driver is better for Word2007.
Of course I'll check it and if so I'll install it.

Regadrs,
EZK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
EZK EZK is offline

Hi again,

I tried to select everything what was on a found page
but the printing was not much faster, besides it was
not very convinient. However I'll remember the method.
Maybe sometimes it will help.

As for the driver I found a driver 60.061.444.00-WR1
but it was a Dutch version. I did not understand what
I should have choosen during the installation. Finally
after the installation nothing changed, I still have
the old version 60.53.644.0.
I'll have to look for another driver.

If you have any other ideas how to hasten the printing,
please let me know.

I would like to apologise for sending my last news as
Anglofilka. Anglofilka is a person (female) who likes
English language and I call myself this way when I write
to a newsgroup concerning how to learn English language.
Ewa is my real first name and EZK are my real initials.

Regards,
Ewa