Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Smith[_2_] John Smith[_2_] is offline

Default excel tables become pictures

I pasted excel tables to Word 2007. After several rounds of
document editing (not necessary editing the tables), the tables
became pictures and cannot be edited.

What happened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you copy and paste tables from Excel to Word, that is exactly what is
supposed to happen.
You need to use Paste Special Excel Worksheet Object to maintain the
option to edit the table (or check the 'paste link' box in the insert object
dialog).

John Smith wrote:
I pasted excel tables to Word 2007. After several rounds of
document editing (not necessary editing the tables), the tables
became pictures and cannot be edited.

What happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Maybe I misunderstood what the OP meant? I assumed here that the table could
not be edited in Excel. It is but a table, and I know no mechanism whereby
it would turn into a 'picture'.

Graham Mayor wrote:
If you copy and paste tables from Excel to Word, that is exactly
what is supposed to happen.
You need to use Paste Special Excel Worksheet Object to maintain
the option to edit the table (or check the 'paste link' box in the
insert object dialog).

I pasted excel tables to Word 2007. After several rounds of
document editing (not necessary editing the tables), the tables
became pictures and cannot be edited.

What happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

How about if it's a SmartArt Object saved in a .doc format?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/23/09 9:31 AM, in article , "Graham
Mayor" wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood what the OP meant? I assumed here that the table could
not be edited in Excel. It is but a table, and I know no mechanism whereby
it would turn into a 'picture'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I thought the OP was saying that the Excel pastes into Word as a table (an
usual) but after a round or two of editing, he notices that they are images.
My suspicion is that someone is deliberately doing that (copy paste special
as picture (enhanced metafile)).

Pam

Mayor" wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood what the OP meant? I assumed here that the table could
not be edited in Excel. It is but a table, and I know no mechanism whereby
it would turn into a 'picture'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Smith[_2_] John Smith[_2_] is offline

The tables could be edited at first. Then somehow they turned into
pictures and can no longer be edited.

Once the tables have been pasted, they are edited but not pasted.
Thus, I have no clue how the editable tables became pictures.

Mayor" wrote:

Maybe I misunderstood what the OP meant? I assumed here that the table could
not be edited in Excel. It is but a table, and I know no mechanism whereby
it would turn into a 'picture'.

Excel tables become pictures John Smith[_2_] New Users 0 April 23rd 09 02:04 AM
Working With Tables And Pictures? Patrick[_3_] New Users 2 August 14th 08 09:32 PM
pictures in tables RWesselman Tables 0 August 7th 08 09:45 PM
controlling tables in word linked to excel tables cdstorage Tables 2 February 8th 06 03:16 PM
Table of pictures/tables Hasper Microsoft Word Help 2 April 10th 05 04:38 PM