Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

Default Page Field not restarting after Section break

I am using Word 2007 on Windows XP, SP3.

I have a 100+ page document, broken up into 9 sections (2 of which are the
title page and the TOC). All of the headers and footers throughout sections
3-9 (the body of the document) are linked. In all cases except section 9,
the Page field restarts the page numbering on page 1 of a new section. At
section 9, however, the page numbering continues from section 8.

I have verified that section 8 ends with a Section Break (Next Page), as is
the case with all other section breaks in the body of the document. I
actually tried with "Link to Previous" both selected and not selected, and
the pagination in section 9 continues from section 8 either way (i.e., it
never starts over).

Can anyone suggest how to restart the pagination in section 9?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Munyon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It is not necessary to unlink headers or footers to restart page numbering
or change the page number format (only to remove the page number field
entirely or change other content of the header/footer). What you do have to
do, however, is choose "Start at 1" in the Page Number Format dialog for
each section.

http://word.mvps.org

"bufossil" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bufossil bufossil is offline

Thank you. I had a little trouble finding the Page Number Format dialog in
Word 2007, but eventually located it, and it worked just as you said.

"bufossil" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's actually a little easier to get to in Word 2007 than in earlier
versions, but I didn't have Word 2007 open, which is why I didn't specify.

http://word.mvps.org