Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Live101Proof Live101Proof is offline

Default Viewing Word 2003 Documents in Word 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to view a word 2003 document in word 2000. The document contains
tables and graphics. I noticed in 2000 a portion of one table additionally
appears in the top margin of the next page and it's not a continuation from
the previous page, it's like a duplicate portion of the bottom of the table.
There are a few other weird instances of this issue and none of them appear
when viewed in 2003. I tried saving the document in Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95
..doc format but it did not resolve the issue. I've read that there are some
style compatibility issues but there are no custom styles or templates being
used. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2003 is backwards compatible with 2000, but 2000 is not forwards
compatible with 2003 - and I seem to recall some changes to the way tables
were handled. In 2003 try setting the compatibility options to Word 2000
before saving the document.

Live101Proof wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to view a word 2003 document in word 2000. The document
contains tables and graphics. I noticed in 2000 a portion of one
table additionally appears in the top margin of the next page and
it's not a continuation from the previous page, it's like a duplicate
portion of the bottom of the table. There are a few other weird
instances of this issue and none of them appear when viewed in 2003.
I tried saving the document in Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 .doc format but
it did not resolve the issue. I've read that there are some style
compatibility issues but there are no custom styles or templates
being used. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Live101Proof Live101Proof is offline

Hi Graham,

I tried that but it didn't fix the problem. I also tried pasting it into a
new document, no luck. It appears "ghosted." What I mean is, if I center
the problem area and scroll up, it goes away, but when I scroll back down, it
appears again. It's really weird.

Live101Proof wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to view a word 2003 document in word 2000. The document
contains tables and graphics. I noticed in 2000 a portion of one
table additionally appears in the top margin of the next page and
it's not a continuation from the previous page, it's like a duplicate
portion of the bottom of the table. There are a few other weird
instances of this issue and none of them appear when viewed in 2003.
I tried saving the document in Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 .doc format but
it did not resolve the issue. I've read that there are some style
compatibility issues but there are no custom styles or templates
being used. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That sounds like a Windows display driver issue that was common a while
back. Reduce the hardware acceleration and/or update the display driver.