Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon J. Rattray Gordon J. Rattray is offline

Default grey characters with underline..

Hi there,

I cut and pasted some text from a website and it is now grey characters with an underline.

How can I get rid of the grey characters and underlining? I've tried all the formats for the fonts, and colors are on automatic black, but to no avail...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gordon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelniitz Pesach Shelniitz is offline

Hi,

Select the gray underlined text and press Ctrl+Spacebar. This restores the default text formatting for the current style.

Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz
"Gordon J. Rattray" כתב ...
Hi there,

I cut and pasted some text from a website and it is now grey characters with an underline.

How can I get rid of the grey characters and underlining? I've tried all the formats for the fonts, and colors are on automatic black, but to no avail...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gordon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If there's any chance that Chinese is installed on your computer,
don't use Ctrl-Space (that's the Windows command to switch to Chinese,
and Word won't override it). Use Ctrl-Shift-Z instead.

On Oct 16, 6:06Â*am, "Pesach Shelniitz" wrote:
Hi,

Select the gray underlined text and press Ctrl+Spacebar. This restores the default text formatting for the current style.

Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz
Â* "Gordon J. Rattray" כתב ...
Â* Hi there,

Â* I cut and pasted some text from a website and it is now grey characters with an underline.

Â* How can I get rid of the grey characters and underlining? I've tried all the formats for the fonts, and colors are on automatic black, but to no avail...

Â* Any ideas?

Â* Thanks,

Â* Gordon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kevinwambold@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:32:39 PM UTC-5, Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
Hi there,

*

I cut and pasted some text from a website and it is
now grey characters with an underline.

*

How can I get rid of the grey characters and
underlining? I've tried all the formats for the fonts, and colors are on
automatic black, but to no avail...

*

Any ideas?

*

Thanks,

*

Gordon

ITS NOT WORKING, WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOOO???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that you have replied to a very old thread. In Word, to clear character
formatting from the selection, you can press Ctrl+SpaceBar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

skrev i meddelandet
On Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:32:39 PM UTC-5, Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
Hi there,

I cut and pasted some text from a website and it is
now grey characters with an underline.

How can I get rid of the grey characters and
underlining? I've tried all the formats for the fonts, and colors are on
automatic black, but to no avail...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gordon

ITS NOT WORKING, WHAT DO I DOOOOOOOOOO???

appios123 appios123 is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Hi I like it , thank