Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Default right-click paragraph missing inside table

How do I edit paragraph attributes inside a table cell? Right-click
Paragraph is gone. Outside the table, no problem.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Either add the paragraph option to the context (right-click) menu or use the
main toolbar. How depends on which version of Word you are using.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"shank" wrote in message
How do I edit paragraph attributes inside a table cell? Right-click
Paragraph is gone. Outside the table, no problem.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shank shank is offline

Windows 2007
I cannot find a reference in the HELP as to how to customize the contet
menu. Suggestions?

thanks!

"shank" wrote in message
How do I edit paragraph attributes inside a table cell? Right-click
Paragraph is gone. Outside the table, no problem.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, there is no easy way to customize context menus in Word 2007,
unfortunately.

http://word.mvps.org

"shank" wrote in message
How do I edit paragraph attributes inside a table cell? Right-click
Paragraph is gone. Outside the table, no problem.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That's an option that was destroyed in Word 2007. You'll have to use the
Paragraph dialog by clicking on the launch arrow in the Paragraph Group on
the Home Ribbon.

Terry

"shank" wrote in message
How do I edit paragraph attributes inside a table cell? Right-click
Paragraph is gone. Outside the table, no problem.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote:
That's an option that was destroyed in Word 2007. You'll have to use the
Paragraph dialog by clicking on the launch arrow in the Paragraph Group on
the Home Ribbon.

It should still be possible to add/remove stuff on the context menus with a
macro, though I haven't tested in Word 2007.

Say to add the "Paragraph..." control to the "Table Text" context menu:

CommandBars("Table Text").Controls.Add ID:=779

And to remove it again:

Dim myCB As CommandBar
Set myCB = CommandBars("Table Text")
Dim myCBC As CommandBarControl

For Each myCBC In myCB.Controls
If myCBC.ID = 779 Then
myCBC.Delete
End If
Next

You can retrieve the needed ID (here 779) looking it up on some toolbar or
menu where you know the command is found (or where you have temporarily
placed it):
? CommandBars("Format").Controls(2).Caption,
CommandBars("Format").Controls(2).ID

Or you might look it up on some lists available from Microsoft or from the
web (... though I don't have a link handy).
The names of the context menus (here "Table Text") can also be hard to
figure out.

Klaus