Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Holls Holls is offline

Default Word 2007 Ribbon gone

My Ribbon has completely disappeared.

before it did so i was in word options from the menu trying to change it so
that instead of saving automatically to docx it saved to doc. so the ribbon
has gone. the only thing in its place is the bar that allows me to minimise,
maximise and close the window. in trying to edit my documents this is making
me entirely frustrated. i've tried hitting Ctrl+F1 to no avail. Help! before
i verbally abuse someone...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Have you by any change toggled full screen view? If so, a simple ESC should
normally get you back to the ribbon variant.

Yves

"Holls" wrote in message
My Ribbon has completely disappeared.

before it did so i was in word options from the menu trying to change it
so
that instead of saving automatically to docx it saved to doc. so the
ribbon
has gone. the only thing in its place is the bar that allows me to
minimise,
maximise and close the window. in trying to edit my documents this is
making
me entirely frustrated. i've tried hitting Ctrl+F1 to no avail. Help!
before
i verbally abuse someone...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rockspider rockspider is offline

Holls wrote on 02/19/2010 19:40 ET :
My Ribbon has completely disappeared.

before it did so i was in word options from the menu trying to change it so
that instead of saving automatically to docx it saved to doc. so the ribbon
has gone. the only thing in its place is the bar that allows me to minimise,
maximise and close the window. in trying to edit my documents this is making
me entirely frustrated. i've tried hitting Ctrl+F1 to no avail. Help! before
i verbally abuse someone...

hi, i got the same issue, seems the ribbon does sometimes disappear, not sure
why.

But i managed to fix it by double-clicking the menu bar (you can double-click
on
any one of the main headings:
- [Home | Insert | Page Layout | References | Mailings | Review | View].
Double-clicking the main heading will hide/unhide the ribbon. I think
double-clicking has the same effect as pressing Ctrl+F1.

Hope it helps.
RockSpider