#1   Report Post  

Default Custom hotkeys not working

Hi

I have been working with a custom normal.dotm and blank.dotx for some time now in my workplace, and just this morning my computer has decided to lose all my custom hotkeys.

The strange thing is, is that all hotkeys are working on everyone else's computers. So I copied the files from one of their computers and over road the existing ones on my computer.....to no avail, I still cannot use my custom hotkeys, all inbuilt word hotkeys are still working.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them back without reassigning them all again.

Thank you
Nicole
  #2   Report Post  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Jones View Post
Hi

I have been working with a custom normal.dotm and blank.dotx for some time now in my workplace, and just this morning my computer has decided to lose all my custom hotkeys.

The strange thing is, is that all hotkeys are working on everyone else's computers. So I copied the files from one of their computers and over road the existing ones on my computer.....to no avail, I still cannot use my custom hotkeys, all inbuilt word hotkeys are still working.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them back without reassigning them all again.

Thank you
Nicole
Hi, Nicole!

Try this:

1. Open one of your documents which has the custom styles.
2. Click on the Office Button
3. Click Word Options
4. Click Add-Ins
5. In the Manage drop-down list, select Templates and click Go.
6. This will open the Templates and Add-ins window. Select the Templates tab then click Attach.
7. The Attach Templates window will open which will let you search for your custom template where the document's styles are based. Once you find it, select and click Open.
8. Click OK.

Hope this works!

Last edited by speedy80 : December 1st 10 at 04:03 PM