valerie-s valerie-s is offline
Junior Member

Red face MailMerge changes some text to 0

I am using an Office 2007, .xlxs file and .docx.

I took an Excel file I used last year without issue, did a save as to update the year in the filename, and that was the only change I made. When I went to merge, it's changing the data in a column (when there is data present) to 0 (zero). If there's no data there it keeps it blank, as it should. I've tried formatting it as general and as text. I've gone to the office button and checked the "confirm file format conversion" option. I can merge any other files, whether they're from 2003 or 2007 and have no issues. I could merge this file before I did the save as. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong or what changed, i've never had any problems w/mail merge, ever.

I've now wasted the last 4 hours and want to pull my hair out! Please help!

Last edited by valerie-s : December 27th 10 at 11:25 PM