Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
kannan kannan is offline

Default Align Center mystery

Is it possible to print ALL the formatting properties of a given heading?
I am completely baffled by my inability to get a heading to be centered.
I do see that when I left align the heading, it goes 'outside' the left border - suggesting that the starting position for the format is off to the left. But I am unable find the formatting that I need to adjust.

Thank you for any insight and assistance anyone can provide.

Kannan
Venky62 Venky62 is offline
Junior Member

Do you want to print all the formatting information of a heading, or do you want help with centering the heading?

You can see what is preventing you from centering a heading by looking at all the details of its paragraph formatting. To do this, place your cursor in the heading and right click. From the shortcut menu choose, Paragraph... That will take you to the paragraph formatting dialog box. If you study all the parameters set there, you should be able to find what is going wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan View Post
Is it possible to print ALL the formatting properties of a given heading?
I am completely baffled by my inability to get a heading to be centered.
I do see that when I left align the heading, it goes 'outside' the left border - suggesting that the starting position for the format is off to the left. But I am unable find the formatting that I need to adjust.

Thank you for any insight and assistance anyone can provide.

Kannan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

[Word version ?]
Is it possible to print ALL the formatting
properties of a given heading?

Press Shift + F1. Then a task pane "Reveal formatting" will show you
the formatting details.

--
Cheers
Lisa [MS MVP Word]