AFisher AFisher is offline
Junior Member

Default Multiple Text Fields - i.e. "Figures" and "Tables"

Hello,
I'm trying to create two separate autonumbering text fields so that any figures I insert will autonumber, and have a separate numbering system for and any tables. For instance, I'd like to have Figure 2 come after Table 3 and followed by Table 4 without having to manually number each figure or table. Is there a way to do so? And if so, how?

Thanks,
Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word's "Caption" tool does that for you automatically. If you'll say which
version of Word you use, someone will be able to tell you exactly where to
find it. (I put it on the Quick Access Toolbar right away, so I'd have to
do some searching to find where it started out in Word2007.)