AARGuy AARGuy is offline
Junior Member

Default Basic Auto-Numbering

If I have a previously created doc with auto numbering like below:

1.1 ABC

1.1.1 ABC

1.2 ABC

1.3 ABC

etc.....

How do I add a line of text between 1.1.1 and 1.2 and have the autonumbering continue? When I just add the line, it doesn't add the numbering or change the numbering below.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

You can use Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the paragraph formatting, including
numbering, in a numbered paragraph and then use Ctrl+Shift+V to paste it in
an unnumbered paragraph.

However, in the long run it will be easier, and safer, to set up a
multilevel list. For details, read the article at
http://shaunakelly.com/word/numberin...g20072010.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP