Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tdunn07

Default can i email a newsletter in Print Format?

I have created an e-newsletter using a MS template. When I email it out as an
attachment, it automatically opens at the other end under 'REading Format',
which is all garbled up. How can I get it to open under 'Print Format'?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is a user setting. If a user has "Allow starting in Reading Layout
view" checked on the General tab of Tools | Options, then this is possible,
although I would still think your document would open in the view in which
you saved it.

"tdunn07" wrote in message
I have created an e-newsletter using a MS template. When I email it out as

an
attachment, it automatically opens at the other end under 'REading

Format',
which is all garbled up. How can I get it to open under 'Print Format'?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You can't. However, you can save as a pdf file or in the email that you
attach your newsletter to you could suggest that people change the
preferences on their computers so that attachments don't open in reading
layout.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"tdunn07" wrote in message
I have created an e-newsletter using a MS template. When I email it out as
an
attachment, it automatically opens at the other end under 'REading
Format',
which is all garbled up. How can I get it to open under 'Print Format'?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tdunn07

Thanks for the info. The only area in which I'm confused is that I saved it
in this format, so I would think that it would automatically open in the same
format.

"tdunn07" wrote:

I have created an e-newsletter using a MS template. When I email it out as an
attachment, it automatically opens at the other end under 'REading Format',
which is all garbled up. How can I get it to open under 'Print Format'?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Reading Layout status is not something that can be saved with the document.
It is a reader preference imposed over the top of the (saved) document
layout. It is installed with on as the default but it seems that most people
turn it off when they find out how. I suppose it ought to be possible to
disable it via code at open time (but I've never tried) - but having code in
your document introduces other considerations and yet more user (i.e.
reader) options.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unless Reading Layout overrides your setting. Since I disabled it long

ago,
I can't testify to this.

so
all may benefit.