Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shaz

Default i cant paste what i have selected

For some reason, when I select something to copy and paste, it does not paste
what I have selected, instead the word Hello! comes up every time.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated asap.

Kind Regards
Shaz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Shaz,

For some reason, when I select something to copy and paste, it does not paste
what I have selected, instead the word Hello!

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shaz

Thank you for your prompt reply. The version of Word I have is Word 2002.

Kind Regards,
Shaz

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Shaz,

For some reason, when I select something to copy and paste, it does not paste
what I have selected, instead the word Hello!

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2hheg==?=,

The version of Word I have is Word 2002.

After you do the full virus scan, and if it turns up negative...

Try holding down CTRL when you start Word. Does the problem still occur if you work
in a new document?

How about if you open an existing one where you've had the problem before?

If the problem doesn't appear, exit Word. Locate your Normal.dot template and rename
it to NormalOLD.dot. Start Word again and see if the problem is back.

If it doesn't come back, then there's a macro named EditPaste in your Normal.dot (now
named NormalOLD.dot) template.

If it continues to occur when Normal.dot has been renamed, then the problem is in an
Addin. Check whether anything is listed under Tools/Templates and Add-ins?

For some reason, when I select something to copy and paste, it does not paste
what I have selected, instead the word Hello!

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

A quick way to exclude some possibilities would also be to use Ctrl + Alt +
Num+ (Num+ = "+" key on the numeric keypad on the right) -- the mouse
pointer should turn into a cloverleaf -- and then click on the paste button,
or type Ctrl+V.
The keyboard customization dialog that pops up should show the command as
EditPaste. If it shows some macro, you have found the culprit.

Klaus

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi ?B?c2hheg==?=,

[...]

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that
writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro
virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult
to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the
first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shaz

Thanks Klaus and Cindy. My computer is working fine now! Many thanks for
replying and guiding me!

Shaz

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

[...]

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that
writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro
virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult
to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the
first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sa

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

[...]

From the sound of it: You either have a macro named Edit/Paste that
writes
"Hello", someone is playing a bad joke on you, or you have a macro
virus.

Since you don't mention which version of Word you have, it's difficult
to make
suggestions that will help you track down what's going on. But the
first thing I
suggest you do is a full virus scan with up-to-date antivirus software.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Hi everyone,
I think it is a macro virus from copying some photos, so somebody has
embbeded a macro virus to infect Word, it happened with me but the
photo was worth it

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sa

it is a macro virus

Paste from Excel mully Tables 1 November 3rd 05 08:10 PM
How do I paste over selected text? Erica Microsoft Word Help 2 August 4th 05 06:08 AM
paste special - unformatted text Tom Microsoft Word Help 1 July 16th 05 07:17 PM
paste options button no longer visible Wendy Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 05 10:31 AM
Very Slow Copy and Paste Growler Microsoft Word Help 0 January 3rd 05 09:35 PM