Ajit Munj

Default Do Fax without Fax Machine

Can I fax a word document without the help of Fax Machine? I have net
connection. I have heard that faxing is possible with net connection but
should have a Symantec Fax Starter Edition loaded as printer. In my PC it is
not showing in Printer name dropdown list. Is there any website which can
give me this Symantec Fax Starter Edition freely for downloading? Pl. guide
--
Knowldege is Power
Graham Mayor

You need a fax modem in the PC (or available via the network) and assuming a
recent version of Windows, install Windows fax (which may not have been
installed by default). You can then 'print' to the fax driver. You shouldn't
need the Symantec software.

Ajit Munj wrote:
Can I fax a word document without the help of Fax Machine? I have net
connection. I have heard that faxing is possible with net connection
but should have a Symantec Fax Starter Edition loaded as printer. In
my PC it is not showing in Printer name dropdown list. Is there any
website which can give me this Symantec Fax Starter Edition freely
for downloading? Pl. guide

Peter Jamieson

I'm not particularly familiar with this area, but...

It depends what you mean by a "fax machine".

You can fax if you have a fax device (typically a faxmodem, or perhaps an
ISDN card with fax software) and a suitable connection. In that case,
several versions of Windows + Office have everything you need to send
individual faxes from Word. If you want to mailmerge to fax, it's harder.

If you want to fax via the Internet, there are various things you can do,
e.g. use Google to look for internet fax services. Most of them require you
to e-mail your fax content to a special number or via a special print driver
that you install on your machine. To fax a Word document, that usually means
that you have to send the document via your e-mail package.

Peter Jamieson
"Ajit Munj" wrote in message
Can I fax a word document without the help of Fax Machine? I have net
connection. I have heard that faxing is possible with net connection but
should have a Symantec Fax Starter Edition loaded as printer. In my PC it
is
not showing in Printer name dropdown list. Is there any website which can
give me this Symantec Fax Starter Edition freely for downloading? Pl.
guide
--
Knowldege is Power

jason113 jason113 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajit Munj View Post
Can I fax a word document without the help of Fax Machine? I have net
connection. I have heard that faxing is possible with net connection but
should have a Symantec Fax Starter Edition loaded as printer. In my PC it is
not showing in Printer name dropdown list. Is there any website which can
give me this Symantec Fax Starter Edition freely for downloading? Pl. guide
--
Knowldege is Power
Hey there, you have a very specific question. You do not really need to use Symantec Fax Starter Edition and it sounds like you're doing too much work with trying to fax. Faxing should be a lot easier. Check out www.interfax.net. As long as you have internet connection, you can fax. It is as simple as that. Good luck!