Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
stephanie stephanie is offline

Default Auto numbers and stuff

Okay, I am about fed up with Word and its special features.

I am working on a document about 180 pages filled with auto numbers of
various styles (another headache question for another day). It's bad enough
the numbers get funky. When you modify a style and click 'automatically
update' you can't open the document on another computer without every auto
number going crazy. which is why i was hired to fix this document. but now
with that fixed, every time i put in a table, whether I copy/paste or make it
from scratch, the computer/Word bogs down incredibly, to the point Word says
"not responding." Well...duh.

Okay, perusing this website I learned about the caca with 'auto update'
(though I don't know what the purpose of that option is) but..

How do I stop Word from going goofy when I put anything other than plain
text in the document....like bold, table, a box with text in it. There
really aren't many of them in the document, I'm worked documents with many,
many more...and had the same issues then.

Can any one help me?
--
Steph
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Stephanie

To help you out, we will probably need some information about what you're
experiencing that is more specific than "funky", "crazy" "caca" and "goofy".

Can you tell us what version of Word you're working with, and how the auto
numbers have been applied? And, when you mention 'automatically update' is
this automatically updating a single style (on the Modify Style dialog) or
automatically updating styles from their template (on the Templates and
Add-ins dialog).

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

Auto numbers Stephanie Page Layout 3 November 9th 07 09:35 AM
Auto Revision Numbers PJ Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 07 02:22 PM
AUTO INSERT CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS plynsn316 Microsoft Word Help 1 May 16th 06 07:03 PM
How to stop the html auto stuff? Ze Microsoft Word Help 3 July 25th 05 03:02 AM
Auto insert freq used numbers Nic Microsoft Word Help 2 June 23rd 05 12:06 AM