debbyd

Default how can i create a popup box in WORD?

I want to be able to create a box that pops up in WORD that will hold more
text that the tip for hyperlinks similar to a rollover in HTML. Is this
possible in WORD 2003?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGViYnlk?=,

I want to be able to create a box that pops up in WORD that will hold more
text that the tip for hyperlinks similar to a rollover in HTML. Is this
possible in WORD 2003?

You need to phrase your questions more carefully. It's difficult to guess
exactly what you mean, although I get the feeling you want to define your own
tooltips? But you don't say what should trigger them?

Closest you can probably get would be to use SmartTags. You'll find more on
the subject on the msdn site at microsoft.com. It involves knowing how to
program in VB6 or soemthing like that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

debbyd

I will try to reword my question: In HTML, one can create a box that will pop
up with text in it when you roll your cursor over a selected spot on the
page. I would like to do the same thing in WORD. The closest technique i have
come across is ToolTips on a hyperlink but they seem to have a limit on
characters and will not allow any pictures.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?ZGViYnlk?=,

I want to be able to create a box that pops up in WORD that will hold more
text that the tip for hyperlinks similar to a rollover in HTML. Is this
possible in WORD 2003?

You need to phrase your questions more carefully. It's difficult to guess
exactly what you mean, although I get the feeling you want to define your own
tooltips? But you don't say what should trigger them?

Closest you can probably get would be to use SmartTags. You'll find more on
the subject on the msdn site at microsoft.com. It involves knowing how to
program in VB6 or soemthing like that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGViYnlk?=,

I will try to reword my question: In HTML, one can create a box that will pop
up with text in it when you roll your cursor over a selected spot on the
page. I would like to do the same thing in WORD. The closest technique i have
come across is ToolTips on a hyperlink but they seem to have a limit on
characters and will not allow any pictures.

No, Word has no "mouse-over" events, other than comments, hyperlinks, and
SmartTags. None of them support things like pictures. Fact is, Word is a
word-processor - made for creating print-out document. It's not an HTML browser or
layout program, or picture manager, or one of the myriad things people would like
to shanghai it for; so there are just some things it doesn't know how to do.

I want to be able to create a box that pops up in WORD that will hold more
text that the tip for hyperlinks similar to a rollover in HTML. Is this
possible in WORD 2003?

You need to phrase your questions more carefully. It's difficult to guess
exactly what you mean, although I get the feeling you want to define your own
tooltips? But you don't say what should trigger them?

Closest you can probably get would be to use SmartTags. You'll find more on
the subject on the msdn site at microsoft.com. It involves knowing how to
program in VB6 or soemthing like that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Suzanne,

You can create a popup for a picture by bookmarking it and hyperlinking it
to itself, using the ScreenTip for this purpose. But I believe the OP said
the ScreenTip did not allow enough characters.

But you can't show a picture in a pop-up. OTOH, maybe I misunderstood that
part. In anycase, Word doesn't have any equivalent to the browser, DHTML
type of "pop-up" the OP is looking for.