lenny

Default envelope address shortcut gone

Hi,
I used to have a link on my tool bar that I would click when I was in a word
document writing a letter and it would open the envelope template with the
address already filled in. Somehow I seem to have lost all trace of this
tool on the tool bar and I can't seem to find it again with the tool bar
formatting. Any idea where it is?

Even better would be a keyboard shortcut for this trick.
Cheers
Lenny

Jay Freedman

lenny wrote:
Hi,
I used to have a link on my tool bar that I would click when I was in
a word document writing a letter and it would open the envelope
template with the address already filled in. Somehow I seem to have
lost all trace of this tool on the tool bar and I can't seem to find
it again with the tool bar formatting. Any idea where it is?

Even better would be a keyboard shortcut for this trick.
Cheers
Lenny

To make a keyboard shortcut, open the Tools Customize dialog and click the
Keyboard button. Select Tools in the Categories list and select
ToolsEnvelopesAndLabels in the Commands list. Put the cursor in the "Press
new shortcut" box, press the key combination you want, and click the Assign
button. Close both dialogs.

To make a toolbar button, open the Tools Customize dialog to the Commands
tab. Select Tools in the Categories list and select ToolsEnvelopesAndLabels
in the Commands list. Drag the item from the dialog and drop it on a
toolbar. Close the dialog.

In general, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...roToHotkey.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Carol

Lenny,

Click on Tools and Customize and on the left side select Tools and on the
right side scroll down until you see the envelope icon and then drag it up to
your toolbar. You can also create a macro to perform this function. I hope
this has been helpful to you.