Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Andorra David Andorra is offline

Default Auto path name location on footer on word 2007

how I can add on the footer the "auto path name location" ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

David,
For the document name/path you can use a field.
Insert tab on the ribbon - text group - click on Quickparts - choose Field -
category document information - choose Filename - check the add path to
filename box (upper right corner of the dialog) - OK. If you need this
frequently I would suggest to save it as a building block. Select the text,
click on quickparts, choose save selection to quick part gallery...

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"David Andorra" David schreef in bericht
how I can add on the footer the "auto path name location" ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David Andorra[_2_] David Andorra[_2_] is offline

Luc,

Thanks for that. That work fine. But I don't understand how I can user easly
on the futur this option. Like to have a new Icon for this action of into a
menu. Do you know if that is possible.?

Thanks

Dav

"Luc" wrote:

David,
For the document name/path you can use a field.
Insert tab on the ribbon - text group - click on Quickparts - choose Field -
category document information - choose Filename - check the add path to
filename box (upper right corner of the dialog) - OK. If you need this
frequently I would suggest to save it as a building block. Select the text,
click on quickparts, choose save selection to quick part gallery...

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"David Andorra" David schreef in bericht
how I can add on the footer the "auto path name location" ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Create a template that has that field in the footer and use that template as
the basis for the documents.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.