Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Birgit Birgit is offline

Default how to turn smart tag back on?

Hi all,
I could not find a better newsgroup to post this, so please bear with me or
point me to the right newsgroup.

I have accidentally turned off one of my smart tags by way of the label and
then I clicked on one of the options and the smart tag is not underlined any
longer. How kan I turn it back on?

Birgit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Tools - Options

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Birgit" wrote in message
Hi all,
I could not find a better newsgroup to post this, so please bear with me
or point me to the right newsgroup.

I have accidentally turned off one of my smart tags by way of the label
and then I clicked on one of the options and the smart tag is not
underlined any longer. How kan I turn it back on?

Birgit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word is this? There are a couple of places where SmartTag
settings appear (unfortunately) and several steps for turning them back on
once they've been turned off. Here's where to look in Word 2003:

Tools - Options - View, under Show, make sure Smart tags is checked.

Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Smart Tags tab. Make sure Label text with
smart tags is checked and that the desired recognizers are checked (the Show
Smart Tag Action buttons option, too, if desired). Then click the Check
Document button.

In Word 2007...

Click Office button - Word Options - Advanced tab - Show document content;
tick Show Smart Tags.

....while still in the Word Options dialog, click Proofing tab - Autocorrect
Options - Smart Tags, and proceed as indicated above.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible